Feijoa and cream cheese muffins
( MAKES 9 )
Ensure the feijoas are free from blemishes. Top and tail them but do not peel.
|2 cups||Self raising flour|
|½ tsp||Ground cinnamon|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|100 g||Butter, melted|
|1||Egg, lightly beaten|
|100 g||Cream cheese, cubed|
- Preheat oven to 190C. Lightly grease a nine-hole muffin pan. Line with paper cases if preferred.
- Combine flour, cinnamon and caster sugar in a bowl. Top and tail feijoas, then dice. Add to dry ingredients.
- Combine melted butter, milk and egg until well mixed. Pour into dry ingredients and mix until just moistened.
- Half-fill each muffin hole and add a cube of cream cheese. Cover with remaining mixture.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon for the topping. Thinly slice the feijoa. Place a slice on top of each muffin and sprinkle with sugar mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes.