Duck and noodle salad with hoisin dressing
Photo by Babiche Martens
The wonderful flavours of our duck noodle salad bring summer screaming back - light and so tasty, with lots of fresh coriander and a hint of chilli. This is a great way of making two duck legs go a long way. The five spice rubbed on the duck before cooking has a subtle flavour. Serves 4 as part of picnic
|1 tsp||Chinese five spice|
|2||Carrots, sliced into thin strips|
|400 g||Egg noodles, cooked|
|½||Cucumber, sliced thinly|
|2||Spring onions, sliced thinly|
|½ cup||Coriander, roughly chopped|
|½||Red chilli, sliced thinly|
- Preheat an oven to 180C.
- Rub the five spice over the duck legs and season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a frying pan and sear the legs on both side until nice and golden. Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes, until well cooked through. Remove and cool enough to handle. Shred the meat.
- In a large bowl place the noodles, carrots, cucumber, spring onions, coriander and chilli. Add the shredded duck.
- To make the sauce, in a small bowl combine the hoisin sauce, plum sauce, peanut oil and lemon juice.
- Stir through the sauce until mixed well.
- Serve in a large bowl and garnish with a few extra coriander leaves and slices of chilli.