Marbled chocolate pavlova
( SERVES 8 )
Photo by Michael Craig
Jasmine McPhee and her husband Vance are helping families with tight budgets. Jasmine shares her $10.97 marbled chocolate pavlova recipe.
- Pre-heat oven to 160C.
- Add pavlova packet mix to a mixing bowl with the water and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Gently melt chocolate. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Beat pavlova mix until it is thick and fluffy and has formed stiff peaks.
- Fold ¾ of the chocolate through pavlova to get a marbled appearance.
- Line 1 or 2 oven trays with baking paper. Make one large pavlova or two for stacking.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes for a chewy centre or for an hour on a lower heat for a fluffy marshmallow centre. Leave to cool.
- Whip the cream and assemble your pavlovas, drizzle the remaining chocolate over the top.
You can remove the chocolate from this recipe and serve your pavlova with fruit or berries.