Creamy bacon and spinach penne
Photo by Michael Craig
Jasmine McPhee and her husband Vance are helping families with tight budgets. "They can easily be adapted to your family's taste by adding more veges and replacing the cream with tinned tomatoes. All extras such as fresh herbs are fresh from the garden." This $10.97 pasta dish is quick to make when you are busy, late home from work or the kids have sports training.
- Let the spinach defrost and squeeze out excess water.
- Heat a non-stick pan, add the chopped bacon and crushed garlic and cook till brown.
- Add cream and simmer until the sauce reduces. Season with salt and pepper. Add fresh herbs.
- Boil a large pot of water, add salt.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente. Strain the pasta.
- Grate cheese.
- Roughly chop spinach and toss through the pasta. Add some cheese if you want.
- Pour over the creamy bacon sauce and toss through the pasta. Sprinkle with cheese. This meal is yummy on its own or with a salad and garlic bread. You can add cherry tomatoes at the end with some fresh herbs.