Instant feijoa icecream
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Tamara West
Autumn is Nadia Lim’s favourite season when it comes to fresh produce. If you, like many others, have more feijoas than you know what to do with, freeze them and make this simple, delicious (and much healthier) version of feijoa icecream.
- Line a large tray (that will fit in your freezer) with baking paper and arrange feijoas and banana on top in a single layer. Cover with cling film and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight, until frozen hard.
- When ready to serve the icecream, place frozen feijoas and bananas in the bowl of a large food processor with a strong blade. Mix cream, yoghurt and vanilla together.
- Add half of the cream mixture to the frozen fruit and turn on the motor to blitz everything together until smooth and well combined — add more cream mixture as necessary, until you have achieved an icecream consistency.
- Add the crystallised ginger (if using) and very briefly pulse to just mix it in with the icecream.
- Scoop instant icecream into bowls and serve immediately, with sliced feijoas.