Schnitzel with Asian-flavours
The key to producing tender, juicy pork is to avoid over-cooking. Pork schnitzels take about one minute each side to cook.
- If necessary, pound the schnitzels with a rolling pin, until thin. Combine the flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Whisk the egg and coconut milk or milk in another shallow bowl.
- Place the bread crumbs, kaffir lime leaves and chopped herbs in a third shallow dish.
- Coat the schnitzels with the flour, dip in the beaten egg then coat with the crumb mixture. Chill for 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan on medium. Add the schnitzels. Cook for 1-2 minutes each side, until golden. Serve immediately.