Zesty scallop ceviche
( SERVES 6 )
Seed the chilli if you want a milder flavoured chilli oil. Serves 6 as a starter.
- Gently cook the chilli in the oil on low heat for 5 minutes. Cool and strain. Stir in the root ginger.
- Finely grate the lime rinds. Squeeze the juice to make 3 tablespoons.
- Spread the scallops out on a platter. Combine the lime juice and the caster sugar. Drizzle over the scallops.
- Turn the scallops over. Sprinkle with the flaky salt, black pepper and finely grated lime rind. Spoon the chilli oil over the scallops. Garnish with the spring onions.
- Excellent served with a Grüner Veltliner, a new grape variety from the Saint Clair team, or a zesty sauvignon blanc.