Easy-as carrot slice
Photo by Rachel Hale McKenna
Small 'treats' are always appreciated — cheese and crackers, mini muffins with dried fruit or cheese, little muesli cookies or a small piece of carrot cake are suggestions for the back-to-school and back to work lunch box, like this simpler carrot slice. Makes about 12 slices.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Lightly grease a 30cm x 20cm slice pan and line with baking paper.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl, until combine. Stir in the brown sugar and canola oil. Mix until smooth.
- Stir in the carrot, sultanas and orange rind. Sift in the flour and spice. Mix until just combined. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool for a few minutes then lift out onto a wire rack to cool.
- The top may be drizzled with icing (1/3 cup icing sugar mixed with 2 teaspoons warm water) or dusted with icing sugar. Cut into bars.