Pulled pork bahn mi buns with chipotle coleslaw and zesty tapenade
Tuatara’s hoppy Aoteroa Pale Ale (APA) with a long, deep flavour profile is the perfect accompaniment to the rich pork flavour and chipotle kick of these slow roasted pulled pork buns. Makes 18.
This recipe is one of four created by chef Tara Brogan (owner of Foxtrot Parlour in Ponsonby Central, Auckland) to serve at a drinks party matched with Tuatara beer and Zeffer ciders. Click here to see all four recipes.
Pulled pork bahn mi buns
|½||Red cabbage, shredded|
|½||Green cabbage, shredded|
|1||Red onion, shredded|
|1 bunch||Fresh chives|
|½ cup||Peanuts, crushed|
|1 cup||Aioli, or chipotle aioli|
|½ cup||Preserved lemon, try Fox Trot Parlour's preserved lemons|
|½ tsp||Chilli paste, or finely chopped fresh chilli|
|0.667 cup||Olive oil|
- Rub 2 tsp salt into the pork and place in a roasting dish on top of the carrot, onion, celery, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns and lemon. Add water to the roasting dish until the dish is ¾ full. Cover with baking paper followed by foil. Roast overnight (approx. 12 hours) at 100C.
- Discard the fattiest portions of the pork and gently tear the moist meat to create the pulled pork. Set aside ready for assembly.
- Mix all the coleslaw ingredients together. Set aside.
- Mix all tapenade ingredients together. Set aside.
- Slice sliders and fill with coleslaw followed by pulled pork and top with tapenade. Serve on a platter.