Baked chicken with tomatoes, aubergine and olives
Photo by Babiche Martens
This Italian-inspired dish makes a fabulous weekday meal - you can whip it up in no time at all.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place aubergine slices into an ovenproof baking dish. Drizzle over 2 Tbsp oil and place in hot oven for 10 minutes to soften.
- Heat remaining oil in a frying pan and brown chicken on both sides. Place on top of aubergine.
- Add garlic, sugar, lemon zest and juice, olives and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add thyme.
- Return to oven for 40 minutes until tomatoes soften and chicken juices run clear.
- Remove and serve hot with orzo or rice and a green side salad.