Spaghetti with peppers, basil and cherry tomatoes
Photo by Tamara West
- Carefully peel peppers using a sharp vegetable peeler. Cut lengthwise into 1cm-wide strips.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a wide pan and cook peppers gently for 5 minutes or so until they start to soften.
- Add garlic, chilli and cherry tomatoes to pan and cook until tomatoes begin to collapse,
- Add passata and a dash of water to pan, season generously with salt, stir to combine, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Adjust salt to taste.
- Meanwhile cook spaghetti in plenty of salted boiling water, according to packet instructions.
- Using tongs, lift spaghetti directly from pot and transfer into pan of sauce, along with a little of the pasta water. Cook for a minute, then add half the basil and stir to combine.
- Serve in warmed bowls with the remaining basil and plenty of grated grana padano.