Orange, date, coconut, seed and honey balls
( SERVES 12 )
Photo by Tamara West
This recipe uses natural sugars from dates and honey to achieve something delicious that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
|⅔ cup||Almonds, raw|
|⅔ cup||Medjool dates, pitted|
|4 Tbsp||Pumpkin seeds, toasted|
|2 Tbsp||Sunflower seeds, toasted|
|½ cup||Coconut threads|
|¼ cup||Sesame seeds, toasted|
|4 Tbsp||Macadamia nuts, chopped|
|2||Oranges, zest and juice (about 1/4 cup) of|
|1 to dust||Cocoa powder, or finely chopped pistachio nuts, sesame seeds or coconut|
- Optional, to roll balls in: Cocoa powder, finely chopped pistachio nuts, sesame seeds or coconut
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until a chunky paste forms.
- Roll into small balls, about 3cm in diameter.
- Roll in cocoa, pistachios, sesame seeds or coconut if desired.
- Store in an airtight container. They will keep for several days.