Pear and spice pudding cake
Photo by Tamara West
Slice this pudding cake and serve it warm with custard, or cool and ice with a passionfruit, lemon zest and cream cheese icing.
- Heat oven to 180C.
- Sift the self-raising flour, baking soda, salt and mixed spice.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs with the sugar until pale and ribbony.
- Add the vanilla extract, lemon zest, pears and chopped walnuts. Mix together.
- Fold in the sifted dry ingredients, add the buttermilk and mix well.
- Pour into a baking paper-lined cake tin and bake for 1 hour, or until a skewer comes out clean.