Scotch fillet steaks with chimichurri
Photo by Tamara West
Also known as the pesto of South America, chimichurri is best made and eaten on the day.
- Char the chilli over a gas flame, in a cast iron pan or under the grill. Leave to cool then remove stem, split down the middle and remove the seeds. Chop charred chilli and place in a small bowl.
- Add the oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and paprika and whisk well. Chop the parsley and stir through. Set aside while you cook the steak.
- Heat a large heavy-based frying pan until hot. Rub steaks with a little olive oil and grind over plenty of black pepper.
- Place steaks in hot pan, slightly apart so they don’t steam, and pan-fry for 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the pan and sprinkle with salt.
- Serve with chimichurri, salad and chip potatoes.