Sirloin roast pork with stuffed baked apples
Perfect Pork offers 500g sirloin roasts in special oven bags. If not available, purchase a boned sirloin or mini roast. This dish is great served with a kumara mash and steamed green beans.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- If using a traditional roast, brush it with the oil then season with salt and pepper.
- Core the apples with an apple corer. Using the tip of a sharp knife, cut through the skin around the circumference of each apple.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, sage, salt, pepper and shallot. Mix in 1 tablespoon of the spread. Stuff the apples with this mixture. Dot the tops with the remaining table spread.
- Place in a roasting pan with the pork. Cook the Perfect Pork roast for 35 minutes according to the packet instructions. Cook the traditional roast for 10 minutes at 200C. Reduce the heat to 160C, and continue cooking for 35-40 minutes.
- Cover and rest the roast for 10 minutes before carving.
- Remove the apples once soft and cooked. Keep warm.