Forbidden black rice salad with prawns and avocados
- Rinse the rice in cold water. Cook in the boiling water until tender. Drain well and cool.
- Meanwhile, season the prawns. Melt the butter with the garlic and rosemary in a frying pan. Pan-fry the prawns until the tails are pink.
- Peel the oranges removing all the pith. Cut into cubes. Peel, stone and cube the avocados.
- Combine with the rice and salad greens in a large bowl. Gently fork in the oranges and avocados.
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Gently stir through the salad.
- Top with the prawns.