( SERVES 4 )
Open a bottle of Dunnolly Chardonnay, use three-quarters of a cup to cook with and drink the rest with the clams. Prepare the sauce while the pasta is cooking to ensure the linguine will be hot and ready when the sauce is finished.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the pasta well.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over medium flame in a deep saute pan with a lid. Add the garlic and chilli, and saute for two minutes until lightly browned.
- Prepare the capsicum brunoise-style - julienne and turn them to cut again into a dice, or very finely diced (1/8 inch cubes).
- Add capsicum, clams, wine and lemon juice. Cover and cook, shaking the pan periodically, until all the clams are opened. Discard any that do not open.
- With the heat at medium-high, add the hot, drained linguine to the pan. Add the butter and season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Toss the pasta with the clams. Shower with chopped parsley and drizzle with olive oil before serving.