Pumpkin and passionfruit scones
( SERVES 18 )
These scones are a great variation on the traditional style, and are great for picnics or lunches.
- Drain warm cooked pumpkin. Place in a bowl and mash with sugar and margarine until smooth.
- Stir through egg, milk and passionfruit.
- Sift flour and salt into warmed pumpkin mixture and stir through.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly.
- Pat dough out into a 17 x 27cm lamington tin.
- With a floured knife, score dough, almost through, into 18 squares.
- Brush with a little extra milk.
- Bake in a very hot oven, 220 degC, for 15 minutes or until risen and golden.