Roast eggplant, capsicum and tomato quinoa salad
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Tamara West
|1||Eggplant, medium size, cut into 2cm chunks|
|2||Red capsicums, cut into 2cm chunks|
|2 punnets||Cherry tomatoes|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 tsp||Cumin seeds, toasted and crushed|
|1 Tbsp||Liquid honey|
|½ tsp||Chilli flakes, optional|
|1 cup||Quinoa, rinsed|
|2||Spring onions, finely sliced|
|200 g||Feta, crumbled|
|¼ cup||Pumpkin seeds, toasted|
|2||Limes, zest of 1 lime, juice of 2 limes|
|1 to drizzle||Extra virgin olive oil|
- Heat oven to 200 degC. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Drizzle and toss eggplant, capsicum and whole cherry tomatoes with olive oil, honey, cumin seeds and chilli flakes, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until cooked through and slightly caramelised, 20-30 minutes.
- Place quinoa and water in a pot along with a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, then cover with a tight fitting lid and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave to steam (with the lid on) for 8 minutes. Fluff with a fork and mix with currants, then set aside.
- Toss quinoa, roast vegetables and remaining ingredients together, and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.