Pistachio-crusted snapper fillet with tomato, coriander and chilli salsa
( SERVES 2 )
The pistachio crust takes the snapper crumb to a new level. The tomato, coriander and chilli salsa comes with a hit of Cajun seasoning. Created by head chef Ganesh Gopal.
This recipe was created by head chef Ganesh Gopal from Seafood Central, and it's one of the 12 finalists of Bite's Estrella Damm Tapas Competition in 2014. Click here to see all of the finalists.
Seafood Central, Auckland Fish Market, 22 Jellicoe Street, Wynyard Quarter
For the snapper
For the salsa
- Preheat oven to 200 degC.
- Use a blender to whiz pistachios until finely ground. In a shallow bowl add breadcrumbs, parsley, pistachios and black pepper and mix well.
- In another wide shallow bowl, beat egg and dip the fish fillets into it to coat then press each side of the fillet into the nut mixture to coat well.
- In a non-stick pan, melt butter on moderate heat, seal the fish both sides and bake the fish in the oven until the fish is opaque in the centre of the thickest part about 6- 8 minutes.
- While the fish is in the oven, mix together all salsa ingredients and set aside.
- With a wide spatula, carefully transfer the fillets to 2 tapas plates. Top with fresh salsa just before serving. Garnish with a sprig of fresh coriander and lemon wedge.