Grilled figs with honey and mascarpone
Photo by Babiche Martens
I love to grill figs and eat with mascarpone, mint, masala and honey - a combination to die for and one that works well with other grilled fruits. This dish takes me back to happy days in Italy, where the food is so simple yet full of flavour.
- Preheat an oven grill to hot.
- Place the figs close together on to a baking tray, cut side up.
- Melt the honey with the marsala and orange zest in a small pot.
- Pour over the figs. Grill for 8-10 minutes until sticky, slightly browned and soft.
- Serve warm with a few mint leaves, generous dollop of mascarpone and the juices from the pan.