Feijoa and ginger chutney
Photo by Elizabeth Clarkson
A savoury, aromatic chutney to serve with cheddar or cold meats. Makes 3-4 medium jars.
- Put the prepared feijoas, apples, onion and raisins with the vinegar and water in a large preserving pan.
- Bring to a gentle boil, then simmer for 10 minutes. Add the sugar, spices and salt, stirring well as the sugar dissolves.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes until the chutney is bubbling and thick. Add the crystallised ginger.
- Simmer a minute further. Have sterilised jars ready, then ladle the hot chutney into the jars and cover immediately.
- Leave for at least 2 weeks for the flavours to mature. Store in a dark dry place.