Red curry stir-fried pork, beans and basil
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Tamara West
Spice up your midweek dinner with this stir fry.
|300 g||Pork belly, cut into 1cm slices|
|1 Tbsp||Fish sauce|
|1 dash||Vegetable oil|
|2 Tbsp||Red curry paste|
|1 tsp||Brown sugar|
|1||Garlic clove, crushed|
|1 handful||Green beans, trimmed and halved crosswise|
|¼ cup||Bamboo shoots, sliced|
|2 Tbsp||Chicken stock|
|2 tsp||Soy sauce|
|1||Red chilli, chopped for serving|
- Mix the sliced pork with the fish sauce to coat, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Add pork to a medium-hot wok with a dash of vegetable oil and cook, turning occasionally, until browned all over.
- Add curry paste to wok and stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add garlic and sugar and stirfry a further 30 seconds.
- Add beans and bamboo shoots to wok, stirfry briefly then add stock and soy. Stir to combine and allow to cook for a minute.
- Add basil to wok with half of the slivered kaffir. Cook for another minute then serve in warmed bowls. Scatter remaining kaffir and chopped chilli over the top.