Photo by Tamara West
Keep an eye on the budget by making this chicken soup for dinner. We poached a whole chicken and used the stock in this recipe. Use the legs and wings in this barbecued chicken dish, and the breasts in a chicken salad.
- Poach a whole chicken using this recipe.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized pot and gently fry the onion, garlic, capsicum, celery stalks and dry rice until onion is translucent.
- Add the hot chicken stock and simmer gently until rice is tender.
- Add the corn kernels, the chinese greens and the shredded chicken.
- Season with the lemon juice, salt, ground black pepper and chopped herbs.