Goat's cheese souffle
( SERVES 4 )
Souffle's not often seen on menus these days, but whip this up for the family on a cold night and it'll likely become a favourite.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Grease a 1-litre souffle dish. Melt the butter in a small saucepan then tip in the flour and stir for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the milk and cream (a whisk may help) then bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Stir in both cheeses and then add the yolks, mixing well after each addition. Season and cool mix slightly.
- Whisk the whites, fold in half then repeat until the mixture looks spongy. Spoon into the prepared souffle dish then run your finger around the edge of the mixture to ensure the souffle rises attractively.
- Bake for 25 minutes without opening the door. Transfer directly to the table and serve.