Chicken and bean enchiladas
( SERVES 6 )
This is an easy crowd pleaser. Make the mixture in advance, then simply wrap and cook the enchiladas while you whip up a salad. Beans are a great way to make meat go further. You could use beef or pork instead. Buy Mexican spice at the supermarket, or use taco or chilli seasoning to taste.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and saute the onion, celery, garlic, spice and chicken breasts over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, until lightly coloured and fragrant.
- Add the beans, water and ½
- a cup of the tomato sauce. Simmer, covered, for about 8-10 minutes until chicken is cooked and saucy. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC. Divide the mixture between the wraps and roll up to make logs.
- Arrange them with the fold underneath to fit neatly in an ovenproof dish. Spoon remaining sauce over the top of the wraps and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- If you like, serve with sour cream, sweet chilli sauce and summer greens on the side.