Meatball mini burgers
( SERVES 8 )
Photo by Michael Craig
Use small rolls or sliders for these mini burgers and serve them up with mayonnaise and a relish of your choice.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl, season well and mix by hand.
- Divide the mix into 4 then divide each quarter into 3. Roll these portions into balls and chill in the fridge for an hour before cooking. This firms up the meat and distributes the flavours.
- Cook in a heavy-based pan, add a couple of tbsp of oil, heat it over a medium heat and brown the meatballs, turning them to achieve an even colour. If you are not sure they are completely cooked in the pan, give them another 10 minutes in a pre-heated, medium oven.
- Sit the cooked meatballs on paper to drain. Cool and store in a suitable container to pack into your chilly bin.
- To assemble, split the rolls, pull a leaf from the cos, spread the roll with mayonnaise, add the leaf, a dab of relish and the meatball. Top with the other half of the roll and skewer with a decorative spike or kebab stick.
Make this recipe even better with homemade mayonnaise. See our how-to video here 'How to make mayonnaise'.