( MAKES 8 )
Photo by Michael Craig
These muffin-like cakes are firm enough to travel. Bake them in 8 paper cupcake cases.
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Sift the first four ingredients.
- Cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add the spices, egg and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Gradually add the flour and sour cream, beating at a low speed. Stir in the grated pear.
- Divide the mix between the cupcake cases and top each with a pear slice.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook 20 minutes. Allow to cool before packing.