- Steam the mussels until they open. Remove mussels from shells. Chop each mussel into 3 equal pieces and place back into a half shell.
- Cut the chorizo and brie into similar-sized chunks. Add 2 pieces each of chorizo and cheese to each shell.
- In a small food processor, whizz together almonds, parsley and garlic until finely chopped.
- Mix with breadcrumbs, the lemon zest and salt and ground black pepper.
- Liberally cover mussels with breadcrumb mixture, top with a drizzle of aioli or olive oil and bake in a hot oven until golden.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon.