Octopus and potato salad
You can buy whole, cleaned octopus from fish markets. This dish can be served hot or cold.
- Wash octopus in cold water. Fill a large pot with fresh water, a few fresh bay leaves, 1 Tbsp peppercorns and the zest of a lemon. Bring to the boil.
- Submerge the octopus, tentacles first, and simmer for 20-30 minutes until knife-tender in its thickest part. Turn off the heat, cover and leave for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove octopus, and slice tentacles into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel some cooked baby potatoes and slice a similar size.
- Add both to a bowl and toss with some Spanish smoked paprika, flaky sea salt, ground black pepper and plenty of lemon juice.