White chocolate and raspberry mousse
This dreamy dessert is perfect for a special occasion. The tart raspberries bring relief from the rich chocolate and cream. You can also make this easy dessert with milk or dark chocolate and use other berries or tart fruits, such as passionfruit, or add orange zest. I always love to serve mousse with a crunchy biscuit, such as amoretti or biscotti.
- Combine chocolate or melts in a glass dish with ¼ cup of the cream. Heat gently in the microwave or over a double boiler until melted and smooth.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then add the egg yolk. Whip the cream until soft peaks form, then chill.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg white until foamy. Gradually add the sugar, beating constantly until thick and glossy.
- Gently fold in the cream, raspberries and beaten egg white into the white chocolate mixture and spoon into glasses. Top with extra raspberries and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Serve chilled with a light dusting of icing sugar.
Decorate this dessert with chocolate shards - check out Ray McVinnie's video: How to make chocolate shards