Slow-cooked tomatoes with peppers and capers
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Preheat oven to 140C. Blanch the tomatoes, de-seed and cut into large slices.
- Blacken the skins of the capsicums then put into a paper bag or a bowl covered with plastic wrap to steam for 5 minutes. Peel, seed and slice.
- Oil an ovenproof dish with extra virgin olive oil, add the tomatoes, capsicums, sliced garlic and capers. Season, then add the bay and basil.
- Cover with foil and bake for an hour then remove the foil and continue baking for another hour.
- This is good as a salad, on bruschetta or eaten with sourdough, parma ham and cheese.