Eskimo lolly cake
Photo by Tamara West
I used to look with wide eyes at the lolly cake in our local bakery. It would have been a dream to have had a slice of that in my lunchbox. This Kiwi classic is incredibly easy to make — mix and roll, no baking — and it goes a long way. Keep the slices thin so as not to overload the sugar levels.
- Break Eskimos by hand into pieces.
- Crush biscuits to a rough crumb.
- Melt butter and condensed milk over a gentle heat.
- Mix all ingredients together, form into a log shape then roll in coconut.
- Chill for 4 hours. Slice and keep in the fridge until needed.