Apricot slice with brown sugar icing
Photo by Tamara West
Sunbury Park in Central Otago is where some of New Zealand’s finest apricots are grown, and their dried apricots are amazing. I got this recipe from Mrs Sunbury Park herself, and in my opinion it’s the most delicious apricot slice.
|½ cup||Brown sugar|
|½ can||Sweetened condensed milk|
|1 cup||Dried apricots, chopped|
|1 packet||Wine biscuits, 250g, finely crushed|
Brown sugar icing
- Lightly grease a 20 x 30cm slice tin.
- Place butter, sugar and condensed milk in a saucepan and heat until melted. Do not boil.
- Stir in apricots and crushed biscuits. Press into the tin and allow to set in the fridge.
- For the brown sugar icing, place butter, milk and brown sugar into a pot and bring to boil for 2 minutes.
- Take off heat and mix in icing sugar to form a smooth consistency.
- Spread over base and return to fridge to set. Once set, cut into slices and store in an airtight container in the fridge.