Toffee coated banana and coconut cream popsicles
( MAKES 6-8 )
My kids absolutely love these nourishing, wholesome home-made banana popsicles, made with coconut cream to create a wonderfully creamy taste. Each is dipped in coconut sugar to give an incredible toffee-like coating, though they are also wonderful dipped in cacao nibs or crushed nuts for a little texture. I have also been known to add a little cocoa to the mix for a delicious chocolate version. The possibilities are endless really! Makes 6-8 popsicles, depending on mould size.
- In a food processor or blender, add coconut cream, banana and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into ice cream moulds, then insert a popsicle stick in each.
- Place in the freezer for at least 5 hours, or overnight.
- To unmould popsicles, dip the frozen moulds in a bowl of warm water. Give them a little tug every couple of seconds until they are loose enough to gently pull out.
- Place the coconut sugar in a shallow bowl or plate. Gently press each popsicle into the sugar until well coated.
- Enjoy immediately!