Fried bananas and caramel sauce
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
For those of you with a sweet tooth, this dessert is a must. Instead of deep-frying, you can simply roll the bananas in dark, rich muscovado sugar then fry in a little butter and serve with a warm caramel sauce.
- To make a caramel sauce put 4 tablespoons of sugar in a small pot. Add butter and cream.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring until butter has melted. Remove from heat.
- Spread remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar on a small plate. Toss bananas in sugar.
- Heat a frying pan and cook the bananas a few at a time until golden. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place bananas on plates, top with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle caramel sauce over them.