Homemade muesli bars
Here’s a really simple recipe for a nutty, slightly chewy bar – ideal for the kids’ lunchbox. Add dried cranberries or diced apricots for colour.
- In a large bowl, combine the nuts, seeds, coconut and oats.
- Melt the sugar, honey and butter. Bring to a simmer for 3-4 minutes until golden.
- Stir the sugar through the nut mixture and combine.
- Press slice mix into a lined 30cm x 20cm tin and smooth with the back of a spoon until compressed.
- Cut into bars before completely set.