Plum tarte Tatin with vanilla and coconut Nice Cream
Take a bite out of these luxurious tarts which use in-season plums.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Halve the plums and remove the stones.
- In a large cast iron frying pan, heat the brown sugar and 1 Tbsp water until the sugar begins to bubble and caramelise.
- When it starts to turn dark brown, carefully add another Tbsp of water to halt the cooking process (the sugar can spit, so use care).
- Remove the pan from the heat and arrange the plums cut side down, allowing 1cm around the edge to tuck the pastry in.
- Cut the pastry into a circle slightly larger than the pan.
- Cover the plums and tuck the pastry in so that it touches the bottom of the pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Very carefully flip the tarte out onto a serving plate and sprinkle with dessicated coconut.
- Serve with large scoops of Vanilla Bean Nice Cream.