Salmon and avocado tartare
Photo by Tamara West
When you cut into an avocado and discover perfectly smooth, creamy, pale green flesh, you can’t help but smile and think it’s your lucky day. This tartare perfectly complements salmon and fresh avocado.
- Using a sharp knife, finely dice the salmon into approximately ½-1cm cubes.
- Mix diced salmon, capers, shallot, chives, dill, and lemon zest together. This mixture can keep in the fridge for up to 4 hours until you are ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, mix with lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, avocado, flaky sea salt and black pepper, to taste.
- To assemble, divide mixture evenly and pack into 4 small ramekins, timbale moulds or tea cups. Press mixture down gently, but firmly, with the back of a spoon. Invert each tartare onto individual plates.
- Serve with crostini or lavosh on the side.