( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Tamara West
Versatile pork mince and sausages come together for this weeknight winner.
- Place all the ingredients except the oil in a large bowl and mix well.
- Smell mixture for seasoning or quickly fry off a little piece.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper if necessary.
- Using wet hands, shape mixture into 16 cakes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large frying pan (should be enough to come up the side of the frying pan by about 2cm), over a medium heat and cook 8 pork cakes for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and hot in the centre.
- Drain on kitchen paper and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining pork cakes.
- Serve these pork cakes with sweet chilli sauce or plum sauce, thinly sliced cucumber and crisp lettuce leaves. Some egg noodles would go down well too. Juice the grated limes if wished to drizzle over pork cakes.