Roasted stone fruit
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Doug Sherring
This makes an easy change from poached stone fruit.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC.
- Halve the fruit or slice away from the stone and sit the mix in a heavy-based 26cm baking dish.
- Warm the honey and water together to combine. You can infuse other flavours into this if you wish.
- A vanilla pod, citrus zest, a couple of lavender sprigs or bay leaves will add interest.
- If you are using these aromatics, let them sit in the warm syrup to infuse and strain before using.
- Pour the honey/water mix over the fruit and roast in the middle of the oven until the fruit is just cooked and starting to colour.
- This will take 20-30 minutes depending on how ripe the fruit is. After removing from the oven, spoon the juices in the bottom of the dish over the roasted fruit.
- Serve with ice cream, cream or yoghurt.