Peach melba on a plate
Photo by Doug Sherring
This classic combination is usually presented in a bowl with a perfectly poached peach half, pure vanilla ice cream and raspberry sauce.
- Skin the peaches as described above. Cool and chill.
- Heat the berries, sugar, water and vanilla pod together. Bring to the boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the vanilla pod and strain the sauce through a sieve.
- Mash the mix to remove the seeds but retain the berry pulp. Cool before using.
- To serve, sit a whole peach on each plate and place an ice cream ball beside it.
- Pour over the berry sauce.