Free-form stone fruit tart
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Doug Sherring
This is a fun way to show off all the stone fruit colours. I used Yellow Shiro, Red Santa Rosa and Black Amber plums. The polenta mix helps absorb some of the juices and stops the pastry becoming too soggy.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Mix together the polenta and 1 tbsp sugar.
- Sit the pastry on the paper and leaving a 2cm margin around the edges, spread the polenta and sugar mix on to
- the pastry. Arrange the fruit slices on to this, keeping them close together.
- Fold the margins on to the fruit. Don't be too fussy as it's a rustic-style tart.
- Sprinkle the last tbsp of sugar over the fruit and place the tart in the middle of the oven.
- Bake until the pastry is cooked and the fruit is soft and starting to colour. This will take 20-30 minutes.