Apricot, lamb and spinach salad
Photo by Elizabeth Clarkson
- Finely chop the thyme, then mix with the cumin and a little salt and pepper. Rub this mixture all over the lamb, then leave to stand.
- Cut the tomatoes and apricots in half. Stone the apricots, then slice each half into 3-4 pieces.
- Wash the spinach leaves well, then dry using a clean tea towel or a salad spinner.
- Cut or crumble the feta into small chunks.
- Heat a heavy frypan or grill pan, then add the oil. When hot, cook the lamb over a medium heat, turning once or twice, until it is browned but still springy when pressed.
- Remove the meat from the pan, then cover with foil and allow the juices to set for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, assemble the salad on a serving platter. Arrange the spinach to form a base, then distribute the tomatoes and apricots evenly over the leaves. Add the feta.
- Finally, slice the lamb and nestle the slices into the salad. Finish with extra black pepper and the lemon juice.