Prawns with avocado and sumac on sourdough
( SERVES 2 )
Photo by Fiona Andersen
Sumac is a dried red berry from the Middle East with a sour citrus flavour. Often ground, it is used as a seasoning for meats, salads and fish.
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy based frying pan.
- Season prawns and sear on one side for 30 seconds before turning over and cooking for a further 20 seconds or until almost cooked.
- Remove prawns from the pan and set to one side.
- Lightly toast sourdough.
- Halve the avocado, remove and discard the pit and skins and slice each avocado half into four.
- Scatter avocado over each piece of sourdough, season with a little salt and ground black pepper and a good squeeze of lime.
- Top with prawns, sprinkle over the sumac and rocket and serve immediately with an extra half of lime on the side.