Photo by Tamara West
I love chop suey, add as many or few vegetables as you like and serve it with rice to bulk it out further.
- Cover vermicelli in boiling water and soak until softened.
- Heat a little oil in a deep-sided frying pan, add onion, garlic and ginger and cook until soft.
- Turn up the heat, add the meat and fry until well coloured, then add the soy sauce and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Drain the vermicelli and chop it roughly with kitchen scissors.
- Add to the pan along with the oyster sauce and vegetables.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until the vermicelli has taken on a brown colour.