Lamb, feta and watermelon salad
( SERVES 4 )
Who would’ve thought that feta and watermelon would go together? This also works with chicken breast too.
|220 g||Lamb steaks, (I used Silver Fern Farms as this gives you two equal-sized long steaks)|
|½ tsp||Moroccan seasoning|
- Spray the lamb steaks with oil and sprinkle seasoning on both sides.
- Preheat a pan or BBQ to a medium-low heat and sear the lamb for 4-5 minutes on each side until well coloured, firm and spongy to the touch.
- Remove from the heat, wrap in foil and rest for 5 minutes before slicing on an angle.
- For the dressing, combine the olive oil, orange juice and seasoning in a jar and shake.
- For the dukkah, whizz the nuts and spices together in a food processor.
- Toss the salad greens with some of the dressing. Top with feta and watermelon slices, then the lamb.
- Drizzle over the remaining dressing and sprinkle with dukkah.
Note: The Moroccan seasoning is easily found at the supermarket and has a wonderful fragrant flavour. The cashew nut dukkah is a crunchy blend that works well with other salads. Keep it in an airtight jar in the fridge.