Grilled fish with tomatoes, potatoes and lemon
( SERVES 1 )
Photo by Michael Craig
This is a sort of one-cook dinner; all you need is a salad to go with it.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC.
- Brush a baking tray with oil or melted butter.
- Make a base of the potato slices, red onion slices and tomato slices and a few herb sprigs, one base for each fish fillet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put into the preheated oven for 10 mins, this will start to wilt the tomato and soften the onion.
- Remove and place a fish fillet on each base.
- Brush the top of the filet with oil or melted butter, season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze the juice of the half lemon across this stack.
- Return to the oven and cook until the fish is just flaking, the time will depend on what fish you are using.
- Remove from the oven and plate up, serve with the other lemon half (you may like to grill the lemon in a hot pan to add colour).