Chilli beef and mango salad
( SERVES 4 )
- Preheat a frying pan. Spray the steaks with oil and season.
- Sear for 3-4 minutes on each side or until done to your liking.
- Remove from the pan and allow the meat to rest for 5-8 minutes before slicing into thin strips.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, celery, red onion, mesclun greens, drained noodles and mint.
- For the dressing, combine the oils, chilli, lemon zest and juice, and sweet chilli, and shake well.
- Toss half the dressing with the noodles and veges.
- Arrange on a serving plate, then top the salad with sliced mango and beef strips.
- Drizzle over dressing and garnish with chilli and limes.
Note: To prepare the mango, peel off the skin with a sharp knife or potato peeler, then slice down each side of the stone to remove the mango“cheeks”. Cut away remaining flesh off the stone and slice.