Clevedon buffalo mozzarella balls
( SERVES 4 )
|1 loaf||Ciabatta bread, thinly sliced|
|10||Vine ripened tomatoes, or 12|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|2||Buffalo mozzarella, Clevedon Valley (each pottle contains a 120g ball)|
|8 slices||Ham, I used Parma ham|
|200 g||Baby rocket, to serve|
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Brush tomatoes and ciabatta slices with olive oil and season both with salt and pepper. Roast in the hot oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut each ball of mozzarella into quarters. Wrap each piece in a slice of Parma ham and brush with olive oil.
- Heat a heavy frying pan or barbecue and cook the balls until the ham begins to crispen.
- Serve the mozzarella with the ciabatta and rocket, and drizzle with balsamic syrup (below).
- For the balsamic syrup, in a small saucepan, reduce the ingredients over a medium heat until sticky.